Chiesa di San Giovanni degli Eremeti at Via dei Benedettini,
San Giovanni degli Eremiti is a Norman church building in Palermo near the Norman Palace. The building consists of several parts from different eras. The church was built by Roger II shortly after his confirmation as king of Sicily 1130 as part of the oldest Latin monastery in Palermo and finished 1143. The north wall of the courtyard was used as the southern wall of the church. The transept was built into the Arabian Hall, the rest of the hall used as sacristy.
In 1464, San Giovanni degli Eremiti was subordinated to the Benedictine monastery of San Martino delle Scale. In the course of the centuries further monastery buildings and apartments were built around the church.