The English Garden, Monopterus Munich, 1898. Antique postcard.
Shown is the Monopterus. The approximately 16-foot-high temple in the Greek style was built to a design by Leo von Klenze from Kelheim limestone. 1836 the building was completed, the hill was partially planted. It should serve to honor Bavarian personalities and are located in a landscaped in the manner of a saint grove forest. The English Garden is one of the largest gardens in the world.
Back of the postcard with address, handwriting, old Bavarian stamp and postmark. Sent in 1898 to Munich Rammersdorf.