Vienna, Palais Belvedere with Fontaine. Old postcard, 1943.
The Belvedere Palace (from the Italian: beautiful view) in Vienna is a palace complex. Built by Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt (1668-1745) for Prince Eugene of Savoy (1663-1736). The Upper Belvedere and Lower Belvedere form a baroque ensemble with the interconnecting gardens. Sent to Augsburg Germany. Back of old postcard, handwriting, antique austrian stamp and postmark.